Wednesday, March 23, 2005


Just got back from coffee with my wife..lol..Life is good.

Its funny, things change but some things never do. She is contendly settled in the married life and I'm still kickin up shit. She laughed as I regaled her with some of the things I've been up to in the past couple months. Me stay out of trouble? I was told I'm not allowed because then she couldn't live vicariously through me lol.

It was cool to talk about old times and all the crazy things we did..me being drunk and having "loud" (understatement) encounters every night and her having to get up and go to church the next morning and pray for me..haha. Or else how I used to have dinner on the table when she would get home and we would act like a married couple. Making cookies at 3 am because we had nothing better to do.

We miss those days but we both talked about how the time apart has changed us as well. It doesn't matter how close you are with your best friend..you eventually have to grow and be your own person and shape your own life. I think I'm a lot less crazy now, literally. I loved her with all my heart but we were on such different paths and when we fought..we fought. We were all together in a tight little group since high school and theres nothing wrong with hanging on to those people but you also have to know what your made of and learn to go it on your own sometimes.

Theres been so many things that I've actually sorted out and hadn't realized until I sat down with her. I used to resent her..because she was the one that always got the attention when we were together. She was the skinny, loud blonde chick that guys wanted because they couldn't have her. I was the one of the guys and they always wanted to know how they could hook up with her. I was always one step behind her. Not having her around all the time made me see that I just needed to have a little more confidence in myself and not sell myself short all the time. I don't have to resent her anymore because I am my own person now. I may not have it all wrapped up in a neat little package but I've come a long way and I'm proud of that. Shes done really well for herself too and I'm happy for her. I still am a little envious that she doesn't have to work (ah the benefits of a rich husband) but I bust my ass for my money and that gives me my own satisfaction.

I did however drink waaay too much coffee,what else is new..so now I've got some not so nice gut rot going on. All in all though it was nice to get out.

I'm thinking I might take a little nap..I'm getting old you know, can't handle too much excitement haha. Actually its probably more because I only got a few hours of sleep. I've been having these crazy dreams and I decided its probably better to be awake than asleep. *don't ask lol*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home