Sunday, April 09, 2006


I decided that since this is one of the only ways I can get out my thoughts and feelings I may as well utilize it.

A few days ago on my birthday my exfiance called me at 3 in the morning.."to see how I was". This call came with many mixed feelings. Relief that he was still alive and not in jail,anger at the fact that he still left me and our son to go shack up with some bimbo. Ah but it gets deeper, I knew that he was probably back to his old ways of doing and selling drugs but he usually lied about it and tried to cover it up. Not that night. In a quiet voice he confirmed to me what I had suspected and deep down what I had feared. He was doing and selling cocaine and his new girlfriend was also a user.
This is what I had been left for. A drug. A stupid fucking drug.
He was back at his moms house which gave me a little hope that maybe this time he was serious about changing. He told me that he wanted to go to rehab and get clean,this was something I had never heard him say before. Although I was skeptical,how many times had he told me things just so that I would stay on his leash just a little bit longer? This time however he offered me no excuses. He said that he would call me everyday and that he just wanted to be clean.

That was a few days ago and I waited up every night hoping my phone would ring. I finally called his moms house tonight to talk to her and I also ended up talking to him. Turns out he was out the last few days cutting his ties to the drug world and leaving behind his crackhead girlfriend. He also told me that tommorrow he was calling to get into a rehab center about an hour from here.

I don't know what to think or how to feel right now. I want to so badly believe he'll do it because part of me still loves him. Yet he's burned me so badly that part of me wishes he would just go away and stay gone. How do you love someone and hate them at the same time?

5 Comments:

Blogger The Goddess said...

this sounds hopeful. and yet, i don't want to tell you to get your hopes up. cause you'll do it on your own. there's that little part in everyone that always does whether you want to or not. I hope that this time he stays true to his word.

sorry i haven't emailed. i became crazy hormone lady last week and well, it wasn't a good time to be friends with me. :-) it's coming though.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Tiffanie said...

When you figure out the answer to how do you love someone and hate them at the same time, let me know.

Pay attention to actions. Do not pay attention to what he says. Time will tell. Best of luck.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I see your problem.

You can realize that he hurt you badly, and you may never forgive him for that. If he does get cleaned up it does not mean that he should be allowed back in your life.

You also still care about him as a person. You are allowed to be concerned for him, and want him to get help and even help him get through this without forgiving him.

p.s. sometimes I hate these word verification WTF ymzfuqhd

2:08 PM  
Blogger The Goddess said...

hey lady - just thinking about you and thought i'd check in and see how you're doing.

hugs

11:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sending out nice thoughts. Looking forward to next post.

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home