Monday, May 22, 2006


I like coffee..I like it a lot.

There was a time when I could drink almost a pot to myself. That was back when I was a waitress on the hellish night shift.

I also worked in a coffee shop, you know one of those snobbish cafe latte type ones. The ones where instant is the devil *and it is* and espresso was the way to go. So you could say I know a little bit when it comes to coffee.

Which is why I want to laugh at all the stupid rich snobby people that think they are paying an arm and a leg for something "special". Like people that say things like "Its a blend of 5 types of Antiguan beans.."

NO ITS FUCKING NOT!!!

You really want to know whats in that special blend?

Coffee comes in big bags of bulk (say that 3 times fast) and when you get down to the last of a few bags, you mix it all together, grind it up,mark it up 2$ and sell it as a "special blend".

Goddamn yuppies.....i'm tired..I need a coffee.

3 Comments:

Blogger kiki said...

i concur

i too worked in a top cafe and consider myself to be a purveyer of fine black liquid

some places actually do blend good beans together, i saw it once in Belgium and also at this shop i get my beans from

4:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Absolutly, that is why I don't drink coffee. Ask me about bottled water, that is something I know a great deal about. I realize there is no differance in the water, it is the plasteic that is important.

6:17 PM  
Blogger that girl said...

you worked at Starbucks didn't you ;)
I had to cut back on my beans after I nearly gave myself a heart attack. Who knew that espressos,alcohol and hot tubs don't mix.

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home