Saturday, May 20, 2006


So I heard from my ex, turns out he was in jail..it wasn't anything serious...it was more some unpaid fines and his big mouth that got him there.

But hey at least he wasn't doing crack.

He's supposedly comming down next weekend but as usual I'm not going to bat an eyelash about it until he actually shows up. I'm not sure how I feel about him "turning over a new leaf" like I thought for sure he had dicked off again and even though he didn't its always going to be in the back of my mind. He says he's commited to trying to win me back because he realised he gave up such a good thing but my question is, is it too late to get it back?

Meh, whatever I got better things to do than sit here mulling over it.

I went to Walmart today and I think that when your sick you shouldn't have to look good. The last thing I feel like doing is getting all dolled up to go to Walmart anyway...plus I think I'm pretty even if I do look like a walking ad for an Sudafed comercial.

I saw this thing on CNN today *love watching it* about finding a possible cure for ovarian cancer. Wonderful right? Well this is where the stupid part comes in... HPV is a sexually transmited dieseas that can encourage the growth of abnormal cancer cells. Doctors want to give the vaccine to young girls before they become sexually active to decrease the risk of getting HPV and there for increasing their risk of cancer. Parents are getting pissed because they are trying to say that by getting this vaccine it will encourage kids to have sex! UHM HELLO???? I don't see how possibly preventing cancer will encourage girls to have sex. Its not being marketed as a STD preventor or a birthcontrol method. Its being sold to prevent the growth of abnormal cells.

Parents are so worried about their kids having sex and chances are they already are. The problem isn't sex its not being smart about it. This I know first hand.

I watched a show about teens and sex and one kid said that he hated buying condoms because it was embarrassing. Yup, safe sex is embarrssing, oh wait so is being a dad at 14! Plus the Americans are so worried about their kids having unprotected sex and yet many states won't offer the ECP (emergency contraceptive pill) for morality reasons. Oi vey!

*sigh* what is this world comming to?!

I would like to continue this rant but I have a baby to deal with :)

remember kids...wrap it up! lol.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

There is a group of people responsible for starting these crazy ideas, like preventing cancer will make kids have sex.

I though about trying to get on this group and bring some intelligance to it. Sadly part of the entrance requirement states you have to have your head surgically relocated to your anus.

7:30 PM  
Blogger that girl said...

LOL! You were going to become a scientologist?

8:59 PM  
Blogger kiki said...

"if it's not on, it's not on"

7:18 AM  
Blogger The Goddess said...

ha ha ha - i love the slogans for sex and drugs. my friend and i deliriously made up our own..."heroin? i'm not carrying..." was by far my favorite...

yeah the whole ECP thing is really annoying. not that i need it, but i think it should be an option. if you're going to fight abortion, it seems like this would be a better option. to kill the process before a baby (fetus) has formed. i don't know...people make such big deals about kids having sex and handing out condoms etc. i don't think it's giving them permission to have sex as much as giving them a healthy option in case they go ahead and do it. i don't know. i think most of this stuff goes back to parents wanting others to do the parenting for them - hence sex ed, creation vs evolution debate, etc. if you talk to your kids, it's amazing, but they'll actually listen to most if not all of what you say. and may even tell their friends. i know i did. not to say that i followed all of the advice my parents gave me, but i definitely listened and thought before i did things, even now...

and that's my soapbox for today. being a teacher really made me bitter as to how kids are raised nowadays...

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home