Saturday, May 13, 2006


tommorrow is mothers day, I am a mother.

I am a single mother.

I am a single mother to a wonderful,smart,beautiful baby boy.

I am a mother to a child whos father is a dead beat drug addict.

He was not there the day he was born,he has not seen him,lifted one finger or paid one cent. Calling him a father is almost too much of a stretch. He has made so many promises I've lost count. He has lied so many times that I don't think even he knows whats true anymore.

But...I am a mother.

I must be strong,I must be brave and I must sacrifice everything for my child. My heart can no longer be broken. It beats only for my child.

Happy mothers day....

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That is very beutiful and very sad.

I am embarassed for all men.

11:18 PM  
Blogger kiki said...

this baby will have the best up-bringing ever because he has you!

happy mothers day!

1:58 AM  
Blogger that girl said...

thanks guys...proof that not all men are bad..

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sound like a great mom, so strong. Sorry to hear about the father.

3:49 PM  
Blogger The Goddess said...

i agree...you ARE a great mom. you ARE strong. you keep going when others would throw up their hands in frustration. you are beautiful!! you are intelligent! you are caring! you are a great friend!! for your son to grow up in that environment...with or without a dad (if it comes to that) he'll grow up to be a great man someday.... happy belated mother's day!!

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home