Sunday, March 12, 2006

Listening to: Smile Empty Soul- Silhouettes.

Uninspired...thats how I feel today.

Thinking about how I can't wait to get rid of these extra pounds...baby fat lol.

Its especially frustrating because I can't really do any heavy exercise until my abcess is done healing..so at least another two weeks. Its not that I'm really concerned with being fat but I would like to get back into my old clothes. Just to feel better. I'm only 22 I don't want to start dressing completely matronly just yet. Although I'm pretty sure its time to retire my black mesh top.

I think I'm addicted to Starbucks. Sad I know considdering I used to work at a rival coffee shop here in town and I have to say that our product was far better. The only reason I don't go there is that after 3 years I was "Laid off" more or less because I was being accused of stealing by the manager..whom H.O later discovered was ripping them off. Yeah I was a fall girl. It sucked. Also I won't drink anything I made unless I'm the one making it. So I settled for Starbucks brand of (slightly) over roasted brew. Caffine keeps me on that nice little edge of almost crazy.

I really have nothing exciting to talk about right now, as I said, I am uninspired. I do however like to complain about things so if anyone can think of something they would like to read me complain about...feel free to leave a comment.

Also I would really enjoy a cigarette. I quit smoking while I was pregnant but now I have the worst urges to take it up again. Could be half in part because I'm still dealing with my exfiance and all his b.s. but also because part of me kind of enjoyed smoking. It was my social habbit...I'm not really a drinker so it kind of did the job. However living in a non smoking house with a new baby doesn't really give me a lot of chances to light up.
I need to get out more.


8 Comments:

Blogger David Rumer said...

Hey there,

Where did you used to work? I find Mocha Cabana to have the best Chai Latte... I've never been a starbucks fan.. I have many things to say about them that I can't say publicly..

~D

12:14 PM  
Blogger that girl said...

I used to work at *esquires* and go ahead and bash Starbucks if you really want to...on second thought they have probably sued people for less :P

2:59 PM  
Blogger David Rumer said...

I used to like Esquires... it was the best coffee shop on the westside (now it's given way to the Ugly Mug)...

I told like factory anything. I like quaint little coffee shops with individual flavors.

I equate Starbucks to McDonalds... if you're in a foreign city and want a taste of home go to starbucks/McDonald's... but in your own backyard... find the cool little nitch places...

Does that makes sense at all??

3:06 PM  
Blogger that girl said...

it does. Interestingly enough the girl who runs the ugly mug used to be the ass. manager at Esquires. The place went to crap after she left.
I don't mind local places but the only problem I find is sometimes they have a "yuppie" vibe. Although I suppose thats what sets gourmet apart from say humptys..lol. Sounds weird but I walked into the Penny one time and walked out. I just got so creeped out for no reason. I saw a show later that said some people think its haunted :P any thoughts?

5:30 PM  
Blogger David Rumer said...

haunted? the penny? Maybe... they used to have a big poster of Einstein in the back... Maybe now the ghost of Einstein's poster lingers...

To be honest I've never really liked the penny and I don't know why. It's missing some sort of spark... like the seats are not really welcoming, and it's not bright enough... and it doesn't have wireless internet which is enough to drive me insane.

I'll boycotte the Ugly Mug... the truth is most of my business goes to Mocha now anyway.

1:35 PM  
Blogger that girl said...

I've only been there a time or two. I'm more likely to frequent Osho's beside it! love sushi...

9:00 PM  
Blogger David Rumer said...

OMG! yes sushi.. I make a mean home made sushi... mean as in... poor... but it's getting better. Osho's is great and the liquid lounge is really nice..

~D

10:15 PM  
Blogger that girl said...

lol, at least your ambitious enough to make your own sushi. If I can't get osho's I get the second rate stuff from Superstore.Its not bad mind you..but oshos is king!

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home