Tuesday, March 07, 2006

just because I'm a single mom doesn't mean I'm retarded.


Why is it that people think that because you have a man around it somehow makes you a better mother?

Being "labled" a single mom means that you must be young, stupid and completely unable to care for another human being. Its in furiating. I didn't ask for this, I didn't ask to be left by the "man" that was supposed to be there for me.

People who don't know that however, assume that I am just going to sit around and cry and neglect the needs of my child and that I need "all the help I can get" Some girls, maybe they do need that help. I'm not saying its wrong. I'm very lucky that I have supportive family and a few very close friends to help me out. I know a lot of girls aren't that lucky and they need help sometimes.

Though it should be something thats optional, not imposed. Thats how I feel. That by not accepting the help that its not because I'm trying to do it on my own its because I'm in denial about my "circumstances" Fuck that.

All I want to do is heal. I want to move on with my life and stop being reminded of the fact that I'm some kind of singular being. Single mom, single woman..ect. I'm just me! I'm just trying to pick up my pieces and create a newer better life for my son and I.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Goddess said...

hey been thinking about you - glad you're posting. i'll be updating soon, prob tomorrow...

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home