Saturday, March 18, 2006

straight from Gods brain to your mouth...


Song o' the day :Smashing Pumpkins- Disarm (love, love, love this song)

I've been following the story in the link below as I think it is humorous in its absurdity. I would elaborate more about it but you can just read it instead. Yeah I'm lazy, so what?

http://entertainment.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=218909&GT1=7703

Anyway I know enough about Scientology to think that its a big load of crap. I'm usually pretty tolerant of other religions and of other peoples beliefs but so far it seems like Scientology is a celebrity trend that is focused on giving them meaning for their shallow,self important lives and an excuse for their closet drinking in exchange for their donations to build more of their "learning centers".

While I'm on the subject of crazy off shoot religions and celebrities what is the deal (my seinfeld homage) with crazy off shoot religions and celebrities? Hollywood can make anything trendy,Ancient Mystical Jewish Religion? Cool! Building a giant space ship to transport you to a secret utopia? Awesome! Worshiping Paris Hiltons toe nails?...restraning order (THATS HOT!) excuse me while I vomit.

I mean whatever happend to worshipping a Fendi bag or Gucci sunglasses? Why is the quest for enlightenment suddenly so important to the hordes of A-listers?
Could it be that after numerous:weddings,divorces,gay scandals,sex tapes,plastic surgeries,children, D.U.I's,rehab stints. That they realize they might be going to hell? How to rectify this? A donation of thousands and free advertising for the cult of choice.

It kinda makes me feel all icky inside. I think I'll go practice my hyms...





9 Comments:

Blogger David Rumer said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:22 PM  
Blogger David Rumer said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:27 PM  
Blogger David Rumer said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:27 PM  
Blogger that girl said...

3 comments and I can't read any of them! why do you tease?! I'm telling!

10:19 AM  
Blogger David Rumer said...

ahhhh... long story...

if you have msn add me at dave_rumerathotmaildotcom

11:11 AM  
Blogger brokenhalo76 said...

way to be all...not home when I try and visit you. :P

1:51 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Publicity stunt? Or just plain retardation.

Or maybe the constant flashes of the cameras has melted part of their brain (which would explain all of Tom Cruise, and his "I'm a pedophile" smile).

8:45 PM  
Blogger brokenhalo76 said...

anytime. i'll stop by again sometime this week

6:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have worked with some people who were into the scientology (kind of gives a bad name to science). They had managment advisors who would call and tell them how to run there business, and the idiots paying them for this service would go on ignoring the advice, and when there business did not grow and thrive, they would blame the poeple they worked with for sabotoging them.

Thinks for leaving a comment on my blog.

It is reallys small!

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home